Update: it has been completed 3/16/2017
So I have only owned my switch for 10 days but I am already going to tattoo the back of it. As of now I have the boundary area where the laser can go without damaging the logo or anything else.
As for the design, I am pretty much set on some sort of Splatoon design but I just have to do a whole bunch of photochopping to see what will look good. If all goes well, I will probably have it all set on Thursday.
Oh, and if anyone wants a DXF or a Corel Draw template of the boundary area just leave A comment and Il put the most up to date one on Thingiverse. (for the NA version, looks like other regions have slightly different marking layouts so the design may overlap)
So it has been a while since I have updated any of my projects on here but I can assure I am still working diligently on them. So far on the Hydra58 (clever name right? its a 58mm OD body tube) I have the GPS mounted in the new M229 style nosecone, the receiver case printed, and the folding fins are almost done. Also the only picture I had of the fin can assembles happened to be while I was in my car…
The nosecone doesn’t look very fancy as of yet but I can assure you that there is a fully equipped GPS tracking and apogee detection deployment computer in there as you can see in the picture on the right.
As of now the remaining major parts of this build are to finish up the AV bay with the backup computer, electronics switches, and batteries as well as wait for the motor mount tube to arrive so I can fully assemble the fins. After those two things I will be able to start the painting.
I finally got around to making the short version of my magazine base for the 5.1 and 4.3 Hi-Capa. It’s up on Thingiverse (you might need to scale it up 10x for printing). I also have a base made for the FPG/Glock series which works but needs one change before I put it up.
Magazine Base (Short)
This is a bad idea.
This is seriously a bad idea.
Brian Brushwood told me this was a good thing to try so blame him. Now that I have that out of the way, I can explain exactly what the hell we did.
Cast Iron Skillet: $2.50 from goodwill
Chop steak: $6.99/lb for 1.5 lbs
3 lbs thermite: $15 from fun websites
Good ideas: 0
So we thought it was a good idea to mix an ungodly amount of thermite, set it on a rock, set fire to it while I was standing next to it, and use the molten iron to cook a steak on top of. Aside from almost setting on fire a few times and possibly getting food poisoning, it actually worked which is not surprising considering it worked on YouTube.
I’m sorry for the vertical picture.
It wouldn’t be much of a scientific comparison if we didn’t cook a steak normally to taste test against so we broke out the propane forge and cooked over that as well, in the end they both were fairly close with the winner going to the thermite for cool factor.
Complete with spring loaded folding fins as well.
So I have been building model rockets for a while now and I just recently built and launched my first folding fin rocket, the FlippinFin from Aeroconn systems. It has a few problems, its tiny, there are only a few kits left before they are sold out forever, and it technically isn’t allowed to fly under the rules of NAR or Tripoli. To solve this I decided it was a good idea to make a bigger, faster, higher flying replica of a Hydra 70 dumb fire missile (Hi FBI and people, whats up?).
So I have the thing designed, its pretty simple, just needs a 3d printed nosecone, fiberglass body and motor mount, as well as a few 3d printed parts for the fins and assembly. The current plan is to take a length of fiberglass tube and cut it into 3 sections. These three sections will have a carbon fiber tube the same length of the fiberglass fin and a brass tube inside of the carbon. this will make the fin assembly which will then pivot on a length of music wire.
Will this whole crazy plan work? No idea but it will look cool either way. I’m going to be ordering the 54mm tube tonight so hopefully I can have some fins put together in the next few weeks or so.
Oh, one more thing…
Because this is a folding fin rocket, it will be tube fired. While I can just strap a regular cardboard tube to the launch rod, I decided it would be much cooler if I make a replica LAU-131/A 7 (the above shows the 19 tube, I will be making the 7 tube version) launcher that will be strapped to the launch rod instead, even though I will only make and launch one of these crazy things.
So If you haven’t seen it before, this is the arcade controller I have built for the game that has been controlling my life. If you can see, there are a whole lot of little blue arrows near the top that don’t look like they are good for sliding the hand across.
I have been working on a more accurate design so I thought, “Why not use arduino and a whole bunch of confusers all wired up in some convoluted way!” So I did..
Shes no prom queen, but even the ugly girls… After a few hours of laser cutting, cleaning, sticking tiny pads of copper, stripping a metric crap ton of wire, and soldering it up all nice, the thing doesn’t work for squat. The wires may be too long, pads too close, or whatever but it does not sense through the acrylic and barely senses when touching the bare copper. My next plan is to re make this same board but with the wires as short as physically possible, no wires touching each other, and maybe if the stars align I will have it working enough for writing the code.
So I registered this domain like 8 months ago… Finally got around to making the site. I will probably post some of my old projects here at first and then post updates to my current and new projects as I go along.