Been a while again. Haven’t had many projects going on but now I do
Making a new Miku themed subwoofer for my car
I’m also going to be doing a Tipp (Ring Fit Adventure) cosplay. Pretty simple, just have to turn the Ring-Con orange with some vinyl and paint.
There are some other things I am considering like a 3d printed vac operated tentacle and doing a new livery for my motorcycle but I have my two main projects for now. I’ll be posting more sub pics soon as I continue working on it.
So I recently got an idea from the Tapioca Challenge trend going on. Being a dude, it’s a little difficult to do it how it’s supposed to be done so I chose to use the assistance of some magnets. The main plan was to have a central 3d printed base that houses the magnets, holds the tapioca balls, and takes up volume to minimize the amount of silicone needed.
For casting the half balls, I used a router bit to make round cutouts in a piece of wood and mixed up some silicone to form them. Black acrylic paint was used to color the silicone.
This is the bottom half with the half spheres super glued on. Not shown but I painted over in semi gloss acrylic paint to darken them up a bit more.
This is almost the final part before adding the straw and pouring the silicone. I used acrylic paint to match the color of milk tea and the realism test from that is shown below. The trick was using bright orange acrylic to brighten up the color.
With the color all set, I added part b and poured it in the cup. I didn’t want to drive 45 minutes to where I had a real vacuum pump so I just removed most of the bubbles by hand. There are a few visible from close up but overall it looks pretty good. As for having it stick to me, I bought a cheap GoPro chest mount and epoxied some more neodymium magnets to it.
That’s it for now. I’m currently working on another rocket so I will hopefully be posting a bit more often.
It’s been a while, both on the wooden PC project and in general but I finally have a better design for the PC that can be fully laser cut on an Epilog 60W. It is made entirely from 1/4 bamboo plywood. This is what I have cut and glued so far.
And the motherboard tray is fully threaded with brass inserts.
This base here will mount the motherboard, the drives, and the Aquaero. On top of the right side will be a cover that hides the drives and wires and gives the project depth internally. I will be working on this project quite a bit over the next two weeks (hopefully finished by May 7th) to enter into the builds.gg contest that is about to start.
I have been working in this new for a little bit but have not made much progress until last week.
I wanted a way to carry all of my different arcade and IC cards without filling up my regular wallet. It was all designed in CAD and laser cut.
I will probably post the files when it is all completed along with some sort of guide if anyone else wants to make either the same design or one with different art on the cover.
The “buttons” are hand tooled and painted with water based acrylic paint on vegetable tan leather and the internals are on thin pig suede. In the next week or so I should have it completed so stay tuned if you are looking to make one yourself.
Update: it has been completed 3/16/2017
So I have only owned my switch for 10 days but I am already going to tattoo the back of it. As of now I have the boundary area where the laser can go without damaging the logo or anything else.
As for the design, I am pretty much set on some sort of Splatoon design but I just have to do a whole bunch of photochopping to see what will look good. If all goes well, I will probably have it all set on Thursday.
Oh, and if anyone wants a DXF or a Corel Draw template of the boundary area just leave A comment and Il put the most up to date one on Thingiverse. (for the NA version, looks like other regions have slightly different marking layouts so the design may overlap)
I finally got around to making the short version of my magazine base for the 5.1 and 4.3 Hi-Capa. It’s up on Thingiverse (you might need to scale it up 10x for printing). I also have a base made for the FPG/Glock series which works but needs one change before I put it up.
Magazine Base (Short)
So I registered this domain like 8 months ago… Finally got around to making the site. I will probably post some of my old projects here at first and then post updates to my current and new projects as I go along.